Friday 21 June 2013

First day at city of JOY: Kolkata


DADA kothea jibe !!!! the very first sentence that I have ever heard when I entered into the city of joy,the land of Ray and Tagore, of poetry and art-house cinema .Very excited to see the long Howraha bridge and the number of platforms (truly speaking it's the first time I had seen the  Howraha station closed to my eyes).

Remembered the day it's September 26th 2012 when I reached to the city by travelling in a general bogie  standing for long 6 hrs. Impression towards the city in 1st attempt was not up to the mark . The line 'First impression is the last impression' was playing in my mind and it was not ready to convince itself that, is it?

Whether the city of joy will make me joyful? So many questions around the corner of my mind. But at the 6.45 P.M my mind ask me lets try it buddy ,lets hope for the best,lets c how the city say NO to you.

Start my journey by  picked up the bus having number 215 A which directed towards Technopolis(Intially i thought it was TechnoPolice..lol). My eyes are getting exercised by watching here and there in the city. The city is too old. In one point of time I measure the weight of 'The city of Temple( Bhubaneswar)' with 'The city  of Joy' and I feel that the weight of my capital is higher then the joyful city. The roads are very narrow and 2 way communication ,the red signal always warn  to stop please !! The building are seems from the era of British. But the great moments that i experienced was the 'ambassador'. I'm telling you it will make your day. You will not see the 'beauty'(ambassador) in any part of the country except in Kolkata. Ya the very first special gift I got.


Humidity was just tested my patience. I will tell you ,kolkata is very humid and high intensity city. You will fell the heat .


 The 2nd gift i got when my bus stoped in a signal and i saw a  'TRAM ' was stopping our way. Its like a train having the speed of a cycle. Thanks God !! for making me visualized . A bell was always roaring please please give me side otherwise I will crossed over you (but tell you no 1 will going to die even if it crossed our  body 10 times....and this was the joke of the day). But later on ,got disappointment about the speed .' Please mere bhai bas ho gaya chal abhi ' was threw from my mouth. and after 10 minutes I started my journey once again.
While my eyes are exercised suddenly it got stopped and reason was 'a Hand -pulled rickshaw' . The word WOW came from my rounded mouth. And it was number three.

At 9 PM i reached to my destination ,by listening some hard words from the conductor and driver ( sale kanha se chale a rahe hey admi sab) because i don't know where will my stoppage and the only thing I informed from my friend was the last stoppage and the bus was running and as of sudden the conductor roared at me .DADA tumi stoppage, i asked is it? And conductor said ' tumi dekho badi badi letter mein likichi technopolis bolki' (fusion of hindi and bengali), but i am able to understand because i am an odia. And odia and bengali almost same (40% if u asked me for comparison). And my 1st day was a kind of mixing (excited + fell tired + fell hungry+ sleeping eye) character.It's almost 8 months now  (2 months I transferred to NCR Noida for my IBM training) and today if someone asked me what is your view about the city.  'just superb' will be my answer  ya, sometime you have to compromise(in life you have to),but all in one it's a good city. A fun city.


The people are very friendly and they will not going to feel you that you are coming from other state. They will mingle with you easily, and ready to help you .I have many places during these days and i enjoyed a lot and today the city is closed to my heart. And many more things are there to explore from this city before i leaved from this city because nothing is permanent and some day i have to leave this city because it's not mine.Hope some day you will visit this city and get the experience of culture and modernization fusion



And my last sentence dedicated to this city!!
amar anondo hocche !! Please continue it forever.........


The places that i had experienced still now....




       

  

     

        

   



And many  mores are there but these are my prioritizes.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Dear for reading my blog...Many more interesting things will come....Side by side plz go via the technical aspects..it may hep you.....Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete